pushing question

is there a way to give birth and not end up with huge hemmroids?lol

when i gave birth to my daughter o geez it was ruff afterwards!i had unbearable hemmroids..so do any mommas have any tips on not ending up with them or is it immpossible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, allow your body to push for you and do NOT allow a doctor to tell you when to push. Also push in a squatting position or on all fours. Pushing on your back or semi sitting actually works against gravity and can make things harder including pushing which can cause problems.

I just gave birth 4 days ago. I was afraid I got a hemorrhoid but didn't. I was in a squatting position, and just allowed my body to do the work. It was amazing... she came out quickly and smoothly, with no tears or hemorrhoids. It was great! Only my body told me when to push, no one else.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:48 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I never had hemorrhoids with either of my pregnancies. I didn't have them after either so I can't say if I did anything 'magical' or what not.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:48 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I did not have any, but I only pushed for 3 contractions and he was out (yeah it was quick!). I was 2 hrs form the hospital was was in labor that whole time, and near the end I was trying really hard not to push. I often wonder if all of that time trying to relax and NOT push, my body did most of the work for me. When I finally got to the hospital, they checked me and realized he was coming I only pushed 3 times and he was out.
    So, maybe try and not push until your body has already been doing it for a while???
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• wow you guys thanks! i often wondered after that if there was anyhting i could've doneto prevent it,.my birth went not as planned due to being in a hospital with rude d doctors so,..thanks again for all you ladies input! and thanks for the position advice as well!
    Anonymous

• celticreverie is right.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:58 PM on May. 30, 2009

• No induction, don't be on your back or sitting on your butt to push - this is the position almost all drs and even most midwives put you in for pushing, it seems - push *only* with the urge, and no coached pushing (no one yelling " Puuuuuush 1 2 3 4!" or anything of the sort. (These tips also reduce tearing.) You will have to talk to your care provider beforehand, because many of these things are not typical procedure in the delivery room, and drs aren't generally trained to support women this way.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:01 PM on May. 30, 2009

• full squat holding onto hubby (or whoever)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:03 PM on May. 30, 2009