Bestfriends...

Would you be disappointed or angry if your best friend said she was coming to your daughters/sons 1st birthday party and never showed, never called, nothing.... ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• dont worry my "bestfriend" said she was coming to my bridal shower and never showed called nothing.
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 9:45 PM on May. 30, 2009

• well i know how you feel, and its a complete slap in the face when you are the BETTER friend who is always there for them.... next time she needs a ride... yeah ill be there alright
    Anonymous

• I have a saying for things like that I say when they stand me up or don't do what they say...
    "A person is only as good as their word and right now you're not looking too good".
    I use variations depending on how mad/hurt I am. Personally I don't promise to be at anyone's events because I don't like those type of things. I'm just not in to that stuff, and my friends lucky for me, know that and can pretty well guess that I'm not going to be there.
    If she doesn't have any kids, then she doesn't get it yet prolly, how it's making you feel. The firsts are wayyyyy more important to us than they are for anyone else.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:00 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I could understand if it was an emergency or something, but the least she could have done was given you a call to let you know what's going on. That's rude not to call or text. I would have been pretty upset.
    oOHayliesMomOo

Answer by oOHayliesMomOo at 10:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Yeah it would hurt my feelings, but I would forgive her. God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:37 PM on May. 30, 2009

• she'll get up with you and let you know what's up. If not, then she's not as "best" a friend as you thought she was.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on May. 30, 2009

• don't worry NONE of my friends not even my best friend came to my babyshower or any of my dd birthdays and are not even involved in my dd life. what comes a round goes around and one day your friends or friend will feel the same way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 31, 2009