does anybody now anything about getting help with circumsision

smiley198028

Asked by smiley198028 at 9:54 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your doctor should give you a form about it close to your due date and if not when your at the hospital.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:57 PM on May. 30, 2009

• if your baby is born in a hospital on your last day just before you go home your OBGYN (yes your Doctor not the baby's doctor) will circumsize the baby make sure you tell the nurses you want him done shortly after the delivery so they can flag his chart
    when he gets home make sure you keep it LUBED well for the first 6 months I did not and I wont even tell you what happened but I"ll tell you it was a BAD thing
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:02 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Getting help how? Financially? Your son should (unless there is a complication with his penis or his size) get circumcised the day after he is born if that is your decision. They do it right there in the hospital and it is no big deal at all. another poster said it is your doctor but I have NEVER heard of an OBGYN doing a circ. They dont have the authorization to work on babies so that is weird to me, maybe she had a family practice doc that did it all. If you mean financially then I have no idea. My insurance covered it so I didnt have to worry about that but I know our medi-cal (cali's medicaid type insurance) considers it cosmetic
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• why on earth do you want to do that?
    Anonymous

• OMG anon... maybe she wants to do it because the baby's dad is circumcized. Maybe she wants to do it for biblical reasons. Maybe she wants to do it because she thinks it looks better. Maybe she wants to do it because she knows that it cuts down on UTI's by 1%! Yes it is only 1% but that is a 1% chance that her baby wont have to be in that type of pain! These are all the reasons I had my son circumcized. Or maybe she wants to do it just to piss people like you off!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:23 AM on May. 31, 2009