Pregnancy parking spaces

I was at the store today and saw two pregger woman fighting over a parking space. one woman looked like she was due any day now and could barely walk. And the other you couldn't tell was pregnant. Well the second cut the other off for the expecting mothers space at the store and the other had to park all the way in the end. The were arguing about it, the due any day woman was pissed since she could barely get around and needed to pick up the babies crib, and the other was there to due a registry. I over heard her talking later (I know I'm an eves dropping, but it bugged me) in the store she is due in 7 months.

Which leads me to my question. Do you think it's ok for someone that's not even pregnant enough to show to use the expecting mothers spaces at the store. I know they are a courtesy but aren't they they for those really need them? I totally would have given that spot to the other woman!

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 9:55 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'll tell you one thing, I never paid so much attention to where I parked until I became pregnant/had a baby. Now that I could really use that closer parking spot, I find myself pissed at the little fit 16 year old packing nothing but her sunglasses parking in the front row. I have to remind myself that when I was 16, I never even thought about what a pain I could be causing some one else.

I hate that my neighbors (I live in apt.) are all young without children and take all the good parking before I get home so then I have to lug in myself/purse/baby/diaper bag/etc.

The not so pregnant chick DEFINATELY should have given up her parking spot. I hope that when she is almost due she has to haul her crib across the parking lot.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:07 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It was very rude for her to take the spot. Some people take things too far. But maybe one day she will really need a close spot, and someone will take it from her!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:58 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I would have given it to her too. Some pregnant women, especially the first timers, think they are entitled to just about everything as soon as they get a postive on a stick.
    Anonymous

• I have to say that my husband and I had the same conversation after we found out that I was pregnant. We made a trip to Babies R Us, only because we couldn't wait to buy something...and he tells me to park in the expecting parking spot. I said are you kidding me. I would be so pissed if I pulled up and some little bitty thing got out, and there was me big fat and 8months pregnant. I think that pregnant women should be curtious to others. If you are 2-5 months..give me a break, but when you look like you are about to give labor right in the parking lot, they should be the ones to get the parking spot.
    oOHayliesMomOo

Answer by oOHayliesMomOo at 10:07 PM on May. 30, 2009

Damn you hit the nail on the head. Once the stick reads positive they might as well hang a sign around their neck that says "I'm handicapped" because they just run it in the hole. Some of their lying asses are just fat as f--k!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:12 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree with HayliesMom. Some people are just rude and think because they JUST found out they're pregnant that everyone needs to serve them life on a silver platter. Grow up.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 10:12 PM on May. 30, 2009

• The worst part is some of your local market took out the spaces for this reason. I admit I started using them around 5 months. But I was high risk and HUGE!!! Like ppl though I was having twins.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:19 PM on May. 30, 2009

• i would def have let the more pregnant woman take the spot. if it was busy and i wasnt that pregnant or uncomfortable then i wouldnt park in it.
    however i have. when i was about 15wks. i went to babies r us, the lot was empty and it was late at night. all the expecting spots were available, and that was the first time i had even seen those. my SO parked there for me. it made me feel "special". i thought well we could park somewhere else but there like 6 or 8 of them, and no one else. so hey why not.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 10:26 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I would have yelled if someone who wasn't pregnant took the space. I remember exactly what it's like to be huge and uncomfortable, having to walk everywhere. I went to school and had to walk like crazy up until my 9th month. I was horribly grouchy by the end of the day. It's extremely rude. I don't have the conscience to do that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:30 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree that the more preg. lady should have got the spot. But Im not so quick to judge, because Im 30 weeks, and Im not carrying very big. but Im still not suppost to be walking alot, and not to mention that my hips kill me. So Im sure some people have thought the same thing about me in the last couple weeks, and Ive gotten some dirty looks! But oh well!!
    Anonymous