How do you get rid of ants?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Cayenne pepper works. Put it around the cracks where they are coming in. I think regular pepper will work too, but i think it's the spiciness in the cayenne that keeps them from coming back.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:03 PM on May. 30, 2009

• you tell me and we'll both know!! I lived in San Diego and it can be a HUGE problem.. at the kids school, at home .. etc. We just deal with them as they arrive!! I get soooo annoyed!! And feel creapy crawly often!!
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 10:04 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My mom used to use a compound of borax, sugar and water. Equal parts of the powders and just enough water to mix them up. Then she'd put small cups of the stuff around spots where the ants went. The sugar smell attracted them, they'd carry it back to the next and die.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:41 PM on May. 30, 2009

• spray vinegar where they gather. orange oil works, too

Answer by rkoloms at 5:20 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Ants are the hardest insects to get rid of. My Moms house has been under invasion for over 2 years now. She tried everything short of calling an exterminator. Recently her and my Step-Dad went to Florida for a week. I CALLED the exterminator. They came out treated the house and they have been ant free ever since. Just pay for an exterminator who guarantees their work. Ours charges $35 every 3 months to treat. WORTH THE MONEY!!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:46 AM on May. 31, 2009