i have an 8 month old that is teething wicked bad. used the teething tablets, thre different knids. the teething rings, the tynol, the cold wash cloth, the bottle of water. i'm out of options. she has two that cut up but you can see at lest three more trying to cut up....any advice?

spinabifidamom

Asked by spinabifidamom at 10:03 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go to walmart in the baby section. There are these vibrating teethers. Some look like stars and some like a bunch of grapes on a vine. But the vibrations numb the gums and don;t harden them like orajel does (making them hurt more in the long run), and also help the teeth cut through faster. it's just a few bucks and was a life saver for my son and niece!

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:10 PM on May. 30, 2009

• a big hard piece of bread...let her knaw on it
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:11 PM on May. 30, 2009

• my daughter loves her teeth brushed with an electric toothbrush when she is teething. It seems to soothe her well.
    anglgrl03

Answer by anglgrl03 at 10:15 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Aaawwww, poor babe. you can give her infant Tylenol, check the box or call your ped. for a dosage.

I would recommend staying away from the baby orajel, cause that stuff is really harsh. I put it in my mouth to test it and almost choked, couldn't imagine how that feels for a baby (who doesn't know not to swallow it).
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:23 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My pediatrician recommended Hurricaine Gel to me... it is better than Orajel..
    My dd ( 10 months this week) has gotten 4 teeth this week...2 last night. I give her 3 teething tablets, Hurricaine Gel, and Tylenol. It really helps her..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:45 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Motrin! Not tylenol... Motrin is much better on pain and tylenol is good for fevers. Use Motrin and breathe and know you'll get through it. My son was in enormous pain when he was teething, so I know what you're going through... :)
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 11:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My son's babysistter that's been in the mix for over 30 yrs suggested that if we ever had problems with him cutting teeth, let him chew on a stick of jerky--she says she doesn't know what it is, but she's had kids that just had a terrible time cutting teeth--like weeks!--and their Mom's gave in and used the jerky and the teeth cut the NEXT DAY!!!

Give it a whirl, I haven't had to use it yet, my son's only cut one tooth...

HOPE IT WORKS MOMMA!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:46 PM on May. 30, 2009

• The vibrating teethers from walmart mentioned above are awesome BUT be careful with them. The paint from the stems flake off. We quit using them after that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on May. 31, 2009