Biting Toddler's

My son gets excited and bites, he isn't doing out of frustration or anger just excitement. How do I stop it?

hjpmommy

Asked by hjpmommy at 10:26 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i usually just tell my son OUCH THAT HURT MAMA! followed by a frown, but all it does is make my son laugh lol. but I say it in a serious tone. he'll eventually understand! he's only 13 m/o and i'm a first time mama. I dont think he's ready for discipline like time out or spanking. it would only confuse and scare him. so for right now I'm just doing the serious tone and NO, UH UH etc. I noticed the less I encourage his giggling reaction, the more he gets the hint and stops!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:31 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My son bit me once and I screamed in pain really loud.I told him that he gave mommy an ouchie.It scared him so bad that he never did it again.My daughter is a different subject.I did that to her and she thought that it was hilarious and bite down even harder.I flicked her w/ my finger and she bite down harder too.Then told me, "you no no Elyse!"She calls me by my name most of the time and  can't brake her of it.The little boy that I nanny for bit me a few times.The last time he did bit me his parents told me to bite him back.Not really hard and I didn't leave any marks w/ my teeth.I did it just hard enough that he felt it and he never did it again.That's what I'm going to do the next time that she bites me and I'll see if it works w/ her as well.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:13 PM on May. 30, 2009