Need information on homeschooling?

What are the different home schooling programs out there. What do you recommend for a 7th grader? I would rather have something non religious. For the past few years the public school system has been failing my child. She passes and even makes honor roll but hasn't shown me she actually "learned" anything. There are no private schools in the area so I'm going to home school next year. I want to know what my choices of programs are and where to order the books. The school system here will loan me the books they use but I don't like them. They seem far behind what I learned at that age. I want more options.

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 11:01 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My mother homeschooled me from the middle of 5th grade, until I decided to go to highschool my sophomore year. She used Abeka and Alpha Omega books for my schooling. Theyr'e Christian/Bible based books, but from what I remember of it, it wasn't like reciting the Bible, or focusing on any one religion; it was just basic school work with a couple religious passages here and there. Here's the sites:

Abeka

Alpha Omega

YikezItzKaitlyn

Answer by YikezItzKaitlyn at 4:53 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Oh, if you decide to put your children in school for high school, make sure you do it for freshman year, or make sure that you're schooling them from an actual schooling program. When I went back to public school, I had a whole year to make up and I did after school, summer school, and before school to complete it. It's hard work.
    YikezItzKaitlyn

Answer by YikezItzKaitlyn at 4:55 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I home schooled my son 7th and 8th grade using k12.com. It is state funded in most states and they send you all the books and materials needed for free. It was awesome!
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009