Weddings

Do you find it rude when ppl send out last minute wedding invites. Also when the don't include inportant info in the invite.

I recently was invited to a wedding rsvped, made planes to go and bought clothes for it, for all of us. Then through email I got told btw it's formal (ball gown and tux) and your kid can't come.

isn't that inportant info you should tell those your inviting?

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 11:08 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As a wedding planner I would never allow anyone to "forget" that kind of information on an invitation! It drives me crazy when that kind of thing happens. There is NO reason for it. We had out wedding planed and done all in 6 weeks. Had 200 people w/ less than $6000 and every one had a great time. In fact I still get compliments on it - 3 years later. Honestly if you are having a big formal adult only shindig of any kind and you are illequipt so much that you forget to tell people, you shouldn't be having it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:29 PM on May. 30, 2009

• O my. wth? That is very rude. They should have def put that info in the first invitation.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:12 PM on May. 30, 2009

• First who was the invitation addressed to? If it wasn't addressed to the entire family then it should be assumed only those persons name on the envelope are invited, also usually the type of wording and type of invite can tell you how formal it is. (i.e. if they printed the invite themselves, it's pretty casual looking and the wording is more like "hey we're getting married and would like you to come" then it's probably casual). Also time and place of the wedding usually will help determine how formal it is. Usually if I have a question about attire I'll call whoever I am supposed to RSVP to and ask.
    Anonymous

• It still should have been in the invite details.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:29 PM on May. 30, 2009

• and then the rsvp card had a space for us to fill in how many ppl are coming. It totally seamed like a family even. There was nothing special or out of the ordinary about the invite. Like any other family wedding invite I'v gotten.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 11:32 PM on May. 30, 2009