I can't get my cat to leave his bandage on!!!

I am so frustrated and concerned about the poor brat. Last Thursday he cut his foot open on some glass and had to go for stitches. When I came home from taking my boyfriend to work on Friday he had removed the bandage and pulled out most of his stitches so I went back to the vet and got one of those surgical collars (I am not sure why they didn't send me home with one to start with.) He is in the collar most of the day and I STILL can't keep a bandage on him!!! He is sitting next to me right now, and just removed the bandage again! They gave me a bunch of stuff at the vet and we have been through almost all of it already! Do you possibly have any tips or tricks I could try. We are only a couple days into this and he isn't due to have the stitches removed for 2 weeks...

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 11:13 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pets

• you might have to get him a cone-we had to do that with my dog
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• He is wearing one, that's what we went to get the day after he got the stitches in...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:20 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Try covering the bandage with a sock and wrapping an ace bandage around it (not too tight though). Never tried it for a cat, but it worked for a dog.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 2:05 AM on May. 31, 2009