I think my roomates are getting to attached to my 16 month old son. How do i approach them about it?

They try to tell me wat to do with him all the time. They try to tell me wat my son can and cant do and wat i can give him and wen i can. Its out of control! they are even to a point of trying to tell me who he should and shouldnt be around. I need help. These people are really good friends of mine but its out of control.

mommacj13108

Asked by mommacj13108 at 11:16 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honey, just tell them like it is. That he is your son and not theirs. What you say goes, period. Sometimes when it comes to friends you have to be blunt and to the point.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:19 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Assuming he has your last name....

Remind your room mates that his last name says it all.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:24 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Since they're really good friends of yours and you're comfortable with them around your son, I'm guessing you probably have the same values. It's hard not to get attached to a child you see every day. Maybe they are just looking out for your child and there is reason for their concern? Something to think about anyway. In the end, what you say goes, though.
    Anonymous

• I think maybe you should listen to your family! <3 I love you hunny... but we've been telling you .... and it is time to tell them to stop or they won't be able to watch him anymore... and that's just what it is. they need to stop telling you it would be in your "best interested" to sign rights over and all that other bull... and again.. I will be more than willing to step in and help you with this <3 I love you and my nephew soooo much.. sometimes though chica you're just so hard headed that you don't listen.... So listen to these other people.. tell them like it is. he's YOUR son. NOT theirs.
    AMaesmama

Answer by AMaesmama at 6:07 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Tell them, he is your son, not theirs! I hate when people do this, esp. when they don't even have kids!
    LCmommyof2

Answer by LCmommyof2 at 9:37 PM on May. 31, 2009