Why does my dog do this?

I have a 7 year old Golden Retriever and I have heard when they feel the need to eat grass is bc they have an upset stomach.

What else can I give her over the counter?

Today she was digging (she is past that stage) I don't know if she wanted to be cool or what but she went all over the yard along the fence as if wanting to hide or go else where...I was like What are you doing?

Any suggestions what? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pets

• well, they say its because they need to throw up. But maybe she just wasnt feeling good or maybe she smelt food from someone elses yard. Dogs are silly. Im not sure what to give her though.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• As for the behavior (not the grass eating), she may just being playful. She's a retriever, it's in their nature to dig and what not. Also, almost ALL dogs show interest in fence running from time to time. I have no idea why it is, but it's normal! Also, you may have some kind of burrowing/tunnelling animals in your yard, like moles. Our dogs (A retriever mix about the age of yours, a lab/pit mix, and a retriever/shepherd/ridgeback puppy) have been digging and fence running even more than usual the past month or so.. Turns out we have moles burrowing in the yard. The dogs smell them and chase them through the ground, lol.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 11:15 AM on May. 31, 2009