working dad or stay at home dad?

so what my situation is, I have a full time job at the Hospital, it has always been easy for me to find work and maintain a job, my boyfriend on the other had hasnt, he has had interviews left and right and no on has offered him a position yet, he does work odd jobs here and ther but it doesnt help much, out 2 year old daughter goes to the employee family day care, located on the hospital campus, i do get day care assistance but still have to pay $200 a month for day care. She really loves going to day care and i like it too because they serve all healthy foods and they teach her a lot but with me only paying the bills, i think it would be more financially benificial for her to be taken out.

i am unsure what to do? keep her in daycare that she loves or have her stay home with dad?

jayleegirl

Asked by jayleegirl at 11:34 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• BF would probably feel more fulfilled if he could benefit the family by teaching her himself and saving daycare money.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:36 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Just a quick question, is this the baby's father? I would never leave a child in the care of a boyfriend or any man that is not the baby's father.
    Anonymous

• oh I would keep her in it! Just think of all of the things she is learning there- will he socialize her as much or teach her as much as she is getting? BUT I would also ask him (if he is the dad) to pay for it....
    Anonymous

• It would make more sense for her to be home with dad~financially, but if she loves it and your comfortable leaving her there and so is dad , then it's ok.

Do you think he would teach her fun and educational things and feed her healthy meals? I just threw in the educational things, because some daycares teach as well.
    Anonymous

• WOW, same scenerio here in a way. My husband started his own business almost 2 years ago. The economy though is making it very hard. He pretty much works to pay the business bills. He doesnt get paid. I also work at a hospital and a clinic for 9 years now. My paycheck is what supports us. I told him he could just be a stay at home dad and we would save 600 dollars a month on his daycare and the gas money it takes my husband to get to work and back! But, it hasnt happend yet. Hes still trying....ill support him either way.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:39 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Is he the biological daddy? Is he a good daddy?
    Anonymous

• Biological dad doesn't matter. Good dad does. If he can promise a well balanced diet and learning time (which every good parent should), then you can take her out and he can join playgroups w/ her. I'm a SAHM now. Next year, baby duty will be split in half when I go to school. Then I'll be working full time while my BF stays home. He's a step dad, but a great one.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:48 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Sounds like dad needs to get a JOB. I would continue to pay the daycare, as long as the man is working.

What the hell is he doing with his spare time? Meaning... all the time you aren't working.
    Anonymous

• he is her biological dad, he is a great father, and he has soo much patients with her, he was stay at home dad when she was 6 months, an i actually had 2 jobs to support us. i do resent having to take 2 jobs because he couldnt find a stable one, that last job he had, he only lasted 3 weeks, and that was 7 months ago. but he is so leanent with what she eats like he would give her soda sometimes if she cried hard enough. still unsure what to do
    jayleegirl

Answer by jayleegirl at 11:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I just don't think that it's going to work out too well for you all. He needs to find a job as well. If you can do it, so can he. When a man stays at home and he sounds like he fits this category, they tend to get into trouble, if you know what I mean. Especially if he can't even get her diet straight. I could understand if he were a great dad, knowing what she needs nutrition wise, but he needs to have her on a schedule and it applies to eating as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 31, 2009