We need help getting people to come in! We are fighting to stay open! Any ideas?

We love our hometown salon! We love where we work, and love what we do! We are really reasonable, and have done coupons, advertising, specials and so on. If we don't pick up soon, our boss may have to close his doors! We are trying to work as a team to keep us going! What are some things that would attract you as a customer, and bring you in? Anything you liked from a previous salon? Anything that sounds good to you? All suggestions welcome!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 11:44 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do you do a scalp massage along with a cut/shampoo/whatever?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Yep! We only charge $25 for it too!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:48 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Give a customer a certain percentage off if they refer or bring a friend.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• i would put up a huge sign first haircut for ONLY 10$.. maybe even a cut and style for 13$ you see an odd number brings attention 15$ even looks like too much. Orrrr you could give someone a haircut and then afterwards you give them a card for a free haircut for a friend of their choice.. sounds good to me. umm where are you from? if u happen to live near me i will advertise and help .... but that sounds good to me. or you could do kids haircuts for 5$ for first. maybe your prices are too high?" i go to REGIS salon and their prices are high but i like them. Annnd i will tell you one thing being in a Mall you have toooooons of customers all the salons in the mall are always busy.. just some suggestions. let me know how it works out
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 11:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I saw a salon once that had a little area set aside for toddlers to play in. I thought that was cute.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:53 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Get a card made up where after 5 haircuts (you punch it each time they go) they get one free. Ask the customers that currently go for their ideas.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:56 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Get yourself discovered by creating flyer cards that advertise a $12.00 basic haircut (w/o styling). Advertise the same in the Yellow pages.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:28 AM on May. 31, 2009

• DEFINITELY the toddler play area idea - with a tv. My husband travels a lot, and I always have had to wait until he is home to go to a salon so he can watch the kids. If you put it somewhere the kids are confined with safety gates or whatever and within view and you advertised that, you would get a ton of new moms.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 12:48 AM on May. 31, 2009

• A salon I used to go to had a special every Monday for over half off of a cut and highlights. That was the only time I could afford it so that was great.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 12:49 AM on May. 31, 2009

• this may be a little too "unprofessional" but maybe make every Sunday "Mommy n Me" day where little girls can come in and get their nails painted for cheap?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:00 AM on May. 31, 2009