What is the point of preaching about your God and your Faith if you are to afraid to stand up and claim your own religion?

Why post things like - Did you know Jesus loves you? or God is watching... IF you aren't willing to take few comments that may come with it? Isn't that the same as denying your god? How can you really have faith in your religion if you aren't willing to claim it? I honestly find humor in most of these posts as they really make your faith look bad. But if you yourself aren't willing to be proud of them and show your face (or at least your screen name) because you may get a message or two, how can you really claim to love that same god you are talking about?

Jesus said that his true followers would be persicuted. If you aren't willing to take a little persicution through a computer screen, how can you claim to be a true follower?

You all know that I TRY to take the middle road, but this is a conversation I just had with my mother about religious cold calling and letter writing. And then I come here and see it too...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:44 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• hi
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I am proud of my faith and no matter what bashing or reactions that gets I am always willing to stand up and face them. That's what you do when you are proud and open. To post a possative message about your religion and then hide behind the anon, a phone or a letter is just a cop out. To me it says that you are either not proud of your God or faith or that it isn't strong enough for you to be willing to take a few people turning you away or sending you a nasty message...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I have to say, as a Christian I am saddened by the people who aren't willing to stand up for what they claim to believe. It honestly brings me to question if it is just merely a claim, of course, I myself can not know that for certain.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't understand it either.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Are you talking about the good news one? I don't know who posted it, and I don't know why they went anon. But it doesn't bother me because it didn't matter who it was in that case. The point of it was just to share the good news.

The only anons that bug me are the ones that go anon so they can say rude things they wouldn't say to someone's face. If you have to go anon to say something rude, you are obviously ashamed of what you are saying.

I think this one was fine though, because she wasn't being rude or trying to draw attention to herself, but to the good news she was talking about.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:53 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I totally agree though with what you are saying about not being ashamed of your faith. The other day I was reading and Jesus was teaching about how he is the bread of life and how you need to eat him. LOL. His disciples complained about what He was saying. They were like, "This is too hard of a teaching, how are the people going to accept it!" They wanted Him to say things the people would accept, soften the message, be a little "seeker friendly." But Jesus wasn't worried about it. He knew what He was saying. And He knew what people were thinking--that there were people who were rejecting Him because of it.

We can sometimes be like the disciples, wanting to make the message something that people want to accept, trying to market the Lord. I personally am not ashamed of what I believe. I know it is the power of God for salvation. I believe it 100 percent. And although some reject it; I love it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:57 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree, I feel it's important to let others know where I stand in regard to my Faith and beliefs....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:11 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Damn woman, what a wonderful question? I love u already? I love the fact that u question this. U rock! Personally, as I just stated in another question I am a religion unto myself. Meaning..... I pick and choose what works for me and/or works with my basic beliefs and have created my own personal religion. Religion IMO is an extremely personal thing. I refuse to relegate myself to a set of rules or commandments or whatever the f..k u wish to call them that some1 (we do not really know for fact who) decides to enact.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:44 AM on May. 31, 2009

• this is why I never post anon.. because my opinions are mine, and I'm not ashamed of them.. and I hate when people say it's because they get bad letters.. get over it.. if you get a bad response on your personal page.. report it and move on.. IMO anon is just an excuse.. I really wish they would do away with it on here.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:51 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I post as me most of the time. Be that a religious comment or an opinion on mothering. I'm of the opinion that they should eliminate the anon option completely.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:58 AM on May. 31, 2009