Polyamory anyone?

I know it's totally taboo but I was wondering if anyone else has ever been or is currently in a Polyamorous relationship. I was for a while and it was a great experience but we went our separate ways. Also my husband and I are open to one if we find someone we both love...

paganmom05

Asked by paganmom05 at 11:45 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love the idea. I see nothing wrong with them as long as everyone is in agreeance and of course over 18. I would be more than happy to have a wife to join my DH and I. But he just isn't in to it. I have always pushed for the right to plural marriage.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• hey, I'm cool with it. most of my friends are in poly relationships. they are happy and their kids are wonderful. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:50 PM on May. 30, 2009

• It's not for us, but if it's right for you and your family then go for it!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:52 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I am not into it but I have friends who are. If it is right for you and all parties are happy then go for it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:19 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I know for myself, I could never be in one. Not that I have a problem with the concept, just that I have too much of a jealous streak. DH says he never thought he was the jealous type until we got together. I know that in a relationship like that that jealousy has no place what so ever.

I do have a friend that is in one though, the two gals tend to feel sorry for the guy...cuz they both cycle during the same week. lol Can you imagine? Most husbands only have to put up with one wife with pms! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:41 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I would totally love it if my husband could take a second wife. Someone to help me with the house, the kids, the shopping, the cooking, the list goes on and on. But I think it would be difficult to find the right person, who fits with our family. We are not actively seeking anyone, but we are both pretty open to the idea. Who knows, if the right woman came along....
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:11 AM on May. 31, 2009

• First of all the term is polygamy, and second I don't share well.  Not my hubby or my kids.

Why is it the man always takes more than one wife?  Not the other way around?  Seriously I don't get that. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:01 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Polyamory is different from polygamy because marriage isn't necessarily part of it. Polyamory is a long term loving relationship between more than 2 people with the consent of everyone involved. Like if a woman has an extramarital long term affair with the consent of her husband, or vice versa.

I'm not sure where I am on this one; while part of me says this can't be healthy for a couple's marital relationship, I also think there are times where a person's emotional, physical, sexual, spiritual needs can't be met by the partner so the natural tendency is to look elsewhere. Maybe if polyamory were not so taboo, we'd have fewer frustrations with current partners and not be so apt to want out of a long term relationship/marriage. JMO........
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:00 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I completely agree with Sabrina.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:09 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Kudos to michiganmom116 for pointing out the difference between Polyamory and Polygamy.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:33 AM on May. 31, 2009