How much should you tip a tattoo artist?

Just wondering since it's been about 8 years since my last tattoo. I'm still saving money for it and working on the drawing, but hope to get it soon. I just don't want to under-tip and look like a tool!

pharo

Asked by pharo at 11:49 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• %10 for good service, 15% for great, 20% if you wanna make sweet love to him!!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:52 PM on May. 30, 2009

• OMG, you are supposed to tip a tattoo artist? oooooops. I guess my tattoo artist got stiffed. Im a huge tipper and always tip. I didnt know i was supposed to tip them. CRAP
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:01 AM on May. 31, 2009

• what Steff said.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:28 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Angie- i'm with you! I feel like crap now as I have never tipped my tattoo artist!! And I always tip people! My massage therapist, waitresses, manucurist, I try to tip really well!! OOPS!! I guess I was alway in pain i just never thought about it!!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:40 AM on May. 31, 2009