Why is my little boy not sleeping well at night??

My son will be 7 months next week. He was doing very well at nights but now he starding to turn over al the time , pushes the bed sheet away from him , and on and on !! He jusy seems not compftable at al. Is that al normal. I have been sleeping in the same room as my son , because i have to check on him every hr to make sure he cot a cover on him at least . But he starts crying anyways ever other hr...
Please help.

Sorry for my English , Im Italien moved here not to long ago !! Just tough i put it in because someone made fun bout it last time I asked a question.

Ellie.407

Asked by Ellie.407 at 11:49 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he have ear problems? if he has a ear infection it hurts when they lay down.The pain will wake them up also. I work at a ear, nose, and throat clinic. Thats just a suggestion....dont know if thats his problem.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:54 PM on May. 30, 2009

• try letting him go to sleep without a blanket first....he may be to warm. And then cover him later. I make sure my son has a bottle atleast 30 min before bedtime. That way he is satisfied more. He also may be teething or could be going through a growth spurt needing to eat again. He coudld be coming down with a cold or something. My son does this when he is getting sick. There are numerous reason why this could be happening just keep trying different things to soothe him. If he uses a binki/pacifier I would give it to him when he wakes up verses feeding him first. I hope he starts sleeping better for you. And ppl shouldn't be making fun of you, thats not right nor nice. Good luck hun
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:54 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Yes, try dressing him in 1 more layer than you would going to sleep, and skip the blankies (they are a suffocation hazard anyway).

Other than that, it could be teething, ear infection, growth spurt, etc. They go through phases. just be as patient and loving as possible.

If you suspect he is teething or something you can give him tylenol right before he goes to sleep.

Good luck!

On a side note, I love the book No Cry Sleep Solution by Elisabeth Pantley. it's a great resource if you continue to have problems.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:00 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Try to safely co-sleep with him. It makes all the difference in the world! My daughter is five months now and sleeps all through the night, well, no exactly.. she wakes up and sees me next to her, then goes right back to sleep. Sometimes they just need to know that you are right near them. They are new to the world, and need their mommies and daddies close to them. As for the covers issue, maybe he's just too hot, babies regulate their body temperature very differently than we do.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 12:18 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I would skip the blanket, he is probably too warm. It is amazing how warm a baby can be while they are sleeping. Other than that, I would say it is either a stage and just needs extra love or it's teething.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:33 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It sounds like he is getting ready for a growth spurt or developmental change. Just be patient, this will pass.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on May. 31, 2009