Quiting smoking at 23weeks

I have tried quiting several times already but i worry about with as far along as i am if it will cause the baby any problems to quit now. I can't get in to see my doc until the 19th of June and i would really like to quit today. I haven't had a cig yet and it is 8:52pm my time.... What do you ladies think. Please don't judge me i have tried several time and it just hasn't worked...This time i know it will.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should def quit now if you can. Thats not going to hurt the baby it can only help the babies health. Smoking is never good...so if you can quit, and sounds like you are ready, then i def would! GOOD JOB and you can do it!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:56 PM on May. 30, 2009

• You should really quit. I'm not going to judge but I quit cold turkey both times I got pregnant with my kids because I valued their health more than nicotine and even though it was kinda difficult and I was moody it was totally worth it. You won't hurt your baby. The biggest issue with quitting is that dr.s don't want to just come out and tell you to quit because they have to cover their asses in case quitting ends up causing depression or stressing you out or something like that.
    peaches330

Answer by peaches330 at 12:26 AM on May. 31, 2009

• honey i have smoked throughout my pregnacy my doctor advised me not to quit cuz it can cause stress and the little one however do cut down i try not smoke at work and at the most 5 per day i know once this baby is out im going to quit cuz in my next pregnancy i dont want to smoke because of the fact people judge me all the time and i hate that well good luck hun
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 4:56 AM on May. 31, 2009

• With my first son I was 7 months along when I quit, and cold turkey. My doctor never mentioned anything to me about stopping so suddenly and I had no issues at all. If you are doing this good, KEEP IT UP! Quitting is hard, but you have already come a long way!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Thanks kitten_shuga that is what i need to hear. so one that quit after 20weeks and everything was fine... I'm still gonna talk to my doctor on monday just to make sure everything is good to go... Thanks again for answering my question and not judging me... :)
    Anonymous