What would you do about it?

My style is so boring then again I dress for comfort after having kids who wouldn't...
but I seem to wear t/shirts short and tennis shoes oh and my head omg hair pulled back in a bun or ponytail and glasses no makeup. I feel like not doing nothing to myself even though deep inside I wish I could. any suggestions ladies.
I have no direction oh and I am 30lbs overweight. Thankyou.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well, if you ever watch the TLC channel show called What Not To Wear, you'd know they tell you to dress the body you have now. You can change your style now and not have to wait to lose weight if you're planning on it.

Do you work outside the home? If you do, you are really needing to step it up! With the stretch fabrics available today, in sleek cuts that are professional (look at QVC for the Citiknits brand), there are choices that will make your wardrobe career-ready.

If you are working at home, and don't need to meet clients, or maybe your child is your client?...
    You can still look the part by shopping the athletic wear department in stores like JC Penney and Macy's. They have some really easy to wear designs that go with your ponytail or bun.

When you're wanting something more dressed up, go for a sun dress. They are light and skim over your body. Best part is, you can wear flip-flops and the ponytail with this!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:03 AM on May. 31, 2009

• If you like comfort you can still dress it up without being overly dressed -- Does that make sense?

You can wear jeans/shorts/capris with a nice casual shirt and wear comfy "fashion athletic" sneakers. Skechers has a whole line of cute comfortable shoes that are a bit more stylish than regular sneakers.

I would do your hair and put on some lip gloss or whatever makeup you feel comfortable wearing - Just freshing up your face does wonders.

Also when you are out at the stores check out the manequins and see what they are wearing. I get a lot of ideas on layering, colors etc.. by looking at them. I have put outfits together that I never thought would work.
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 11:12 AM on May. 31, 2009

• YOU DEFFINALTLY NEED TO GET THAT GROOVE BACK LOL!!! IM THE SAME WAY WHEN I HAVE TO RUN OUT FOR QUICK GROCERIES, BUT THERES NOTHING LIKE FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF. GET A TUNIC WITH JEANS AND FLIP FLOPS. 30LBS OVERWEIGHT OR NOT, ITS SEXY AND SUMMERY! YOU CAN EVEN WEAR YOUR HEAR IN A QUICK FRENCH TWIST OR IN A SEXY PONY TAIL WITH ONE SIDE PARTED OR SO. EVEN TRY A SUMMER DRESS WITH MAYBE FLIP FLOPS WITH A HEEL ON IT (LIKE OLD NAVY OR TARGET)....YOU CAN DRESS UP, EVEN WHEN YOUR NOT REALLY 'DRESSING' UP. THATS WHAT I DO. I'LL THROW A TANK TOP ON AND JEANS WITH FLIP FLOPS, BUT ADD A LITTLE MAKEUP, BANGELS OR BRACELTS, A LONG NECKLACE AND BOOM..THERE YA GO!! GET YOUR SEXY BACK AND LET ME REMIND YOU, YOUR BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT! I PROMISE!
    kayleesmomma86

Answer by kayleesmomma86 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009