at what age should a baby use fast flow nipples?

my baby is 7 weeks old and seems to be frustrated at the bottle and I am wondering if it is flowing too slow for him. He sucks very hard and fast, very very fast...another indicator of needing the formula faster. is this too young to start the fast flow? will it give him gas if its too soon or will he just spit out the extra?
thanks!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 11:55 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm, that does seem a little fast to give a fast flow nipple. although it was so long ago when mine was bottle fed. But you know when you breastfeed...they do get a big spurt of milk at the beggining so breast fed babies are more used to it. so surely if you put a fast flow on there it shouldnt hurt...as long as he/she doesnt choke. Trial and error is the best way to fig it out. You will know if its not right for him/her after you try it. Sorry, not the best educated guess!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:05 AM on May. 31, 2009

• The advice that I was given was that you switch to fast flow after the child upgrades to an 8 oz bottle and ends up sucking so hard on it that they are inverting or caving in the nipple. I dont know how good this advice is but thats when I switch my daughter.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:27 AM on May. 31, 2009