Do I really need aproval??

Ok I just gave birth 7 months ago to my son . Me and his dad are NOT married but I gave my son HIS last name !! Now I want to home to visit my family in italy in Germany . However ive been told that without his pomission I willn ot be able to take him with me !! Is that truth?? and what can i do about that?? How can I take my son with me ?? If he says NO for me to take him meet my side of family!!Please help!!

Thank u

Ellie.407

Asked by Ellie.407 at 12:08 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Well...i have heard that before. but i have no clue about whats true and whats not.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:17 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It has nothing to do with his last name whatsoever! It's called parental rights. If he is on the birth cert as his father, he has parental rights. If you leave the country without his permission it's considered parental kidnap. If you aren't together contact an attorney. But if he's fine with it then have a great trip!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:17 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Steff107 is right if he's on the birth certificate then u need his permission, I suggest getting it in writing if he's fighting u on it, gl
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 12:44 AM on May. 31, 2009

• yup, approval required

Answer by admckenzie at 1:51 AM on May. 31, 2009