Has this ever happened to anyone??

So, my SO is one of those guys who NEVER lets his feelings show. The only emotion he ever shows is happy & anger. Well last night I saw him cry for the second time ever. The first time was when his grandmother passed away & I just let him be with his family when he was upset. I kinda felt out of place, mostly because I hadn't known his grandma that long so I didn't really have emotion, I felt horrible for standing around. But last night we got to talking & he just broke down crying. He covered his face but for some reason it made me really happy & I wasn't happy that he was crying, I'm happy at the fact he felt comfortable enough to cry in front of me like that. Then I started crying & I am NOT one to cry when I'm happy lol but tears were just going everywhere from both of us. Anyone go through something similar?

babylovee

Asked by babylovee at 12:09 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• yes, my hubby is like that. Ive seen him cry maybe 3 times in 13 years. It is very emotional to see him cry...you know he really has a lot going on in there when it comes out in front of you. No one else has seen him cry before...so im his special someone. I love him
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:14 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My husband rarely shows emotion too. I heard my husband cry for the second time too the other day when he called me from Basic Training. I felt really bad for him but I thought it was nice to see him show some emotion. And crying can be contagious like that too. I think it is a big relief to find out that there is a real person lurking around inside of your man. I totally understand you on this one!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 1:10 AM on May. 31, 2009

• mine came to my home and cried when his gf was murdered. I was in shock he'd even want my moral support over that. We were married for goodness sakes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I've only seen my hubby cry a few times too, once at our daughters funeral, once at his grandma's he teared up a little, and tears were rolling hard when we were moments away from walking away from each other. And yes, I cried too but we've never been able to comfort each other while crying and I don't know why.. both of us are private people with our emotions but it tears me up to see him cry because I know that he's got to be hurting so much for it to happen.
    I'm glad that he's letting his wall down with you. I hope the wall stays down :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:20 AM on May. 31, 2009