Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What if my baby father says NO!!

Do I really need aproval??
Ok I just gave birth 7 months ago to my son . Me and his dad are NOT married but I gave my son HIS last name !! Now I want to home to visit my family in italy in Germany . However ive been told that without his pomission I willn ot be able to take him with me !! Is that truth?? and what can i do about that?? How can I take my son with me ?? If he says NO for me to take him meet my side of family!!Please help!!

Thank u

Answer Question

Asked by Ellie.407 at 12:09 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • It's possible you won't be allowed, if there is any thought that you might go and STAY there.

    You need to talk to an attorney to get eveyrthing laid out. Every woman who's not married to their child's dad should get things drawn up legally for the child's protection.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:11 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • Uh, I'm pretty sure being that that baby came out of YOUR body, YOU can do whatever you want with him. Yes your childs father has a say too, but you're mommy. What you say goes. You wanna go to Alaska & take the baby? You have that right.

    Answer by babylovee at 12:14 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • thats an easy one. he is right BUT u can get around it by taking it to court and requesting a holiday to see ur family. as long as u can provd booked tickets and accomadation ect and a return flight for both u and ur child the courts will alow it they will order him to sign the passport to let him leave the state/countey. if he trys to stop u or refuses to sign it is against the law so they/you can press charges good luck i hope i was helpful

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • you do have to get permission by him. if you dont , and you can be charged for kidnapping,,yeah sounds stupid, but true. If he's not willing to give you permission you have to go through court and you can LEGALLY take him with you. Lucky, when i went to mexico for vacation my son's father was okay with it.


    Answer by youngmm at 12:21 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • Nope... you do need his permission.. believe me i went threw the same problem.. yes your the mommy but he's the babys daddy too... im sure you didnt make your baby on your own lol even tho it may feel like it sometimes lol
    but really you do need his permission... but deffinetly talk to a lawyer about full custody if thats what you really want... cause thats what i did... good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • take a trip to family court.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • I guess it all depends on whether or not you guys have been to court about child support or anything else before. Does he get visitation? If not, then I would say go and not worry about it. If yes, than just explain to your case worker that you want to visit your family.

    Answer by sarapurser at 12:31 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • he has to sign the application for the passport. If he won't sign it you have to go to court. Good luck.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 12:45 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • truth. you can't take a child out of the county without big daddy's ok. Like the above poster said he doesn't even have to sign the passport to even allow you to sneak out. I suggest you ask family to visit the states or send lots of pix and video clips via email. maybe skype or a web cam might help.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:50 AM on May. 31, 2009

  • It depends on your states laws and whether you already have a custody agreement with the courts or not and what it says if you do. You need to call an attorney and find out what your state laws are.

    Answer by aeneva at 7:28 AM on May. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.