what is a good remedy for morning sickness and is it normal for the nausea to last all day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes its not really "MORNING" its more of all day long its called morning sickness because it starts in the morning...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• it is different for anyone...but yes it can last all day. Ask your doctor about Zofran, its a nausea medicine that is ok to take while pregnant.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My friend takes Promethazene or however it's spelled. My morning sickeness lasted 6 months then after that I just felt nauseated ALL. DAY. LONGGGG.
    babylovee

Answer by babylovee at 12:18 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I tried the Sea Bands. They are technically for sea-sickness, but worked a bit for me. I also used real ginger ale (not the junk in the grocery stores), ate crystallized ginger candy and kept small amounts of food in my stomach, too.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:21 AM on May. 31, 2009

• babylovee......im not sure that promethazine(phenergan) is ok to take while pregnant. I write scripts all the time...but not for pregnant moms....but for other things. I am pretty sure its not ok to take that while pregnant....but Zofran is ok...its a prescription pill also
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:21 AM on May. 31, 2009

• and babylovee....i didnt mean that in a bad way. Promethazine is given for nausea........i just dont think it can be taken while pregnant.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:22 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Eat in small increments all day long. Don't eat large meals, you'll pay for it. Keep small amounts of food in your tummy all day and drink water. I had it really bad and this seemed to work really well. Also hard candy first thing in the morning. Keep it by your bed and suck on one slowly before you even get out of bed. It's amazing really!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:22 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Promethazine is safe to take during pregnancy, it's cheaper than zofran, I took it my first three months/
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:23 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I was sick all day long, felt like crap, vomiting at any time of day. I was so bad I needed an Rx for it. It's been so long that I can't remember the name of it. But even with that I found that not letting my stomach empty out helped, and I personally couldn't eat sweets so a hard candy would not have worked for me. Fruit though was a lifesaver. With my first son I lived on apples and carrots, they were pretty much the only things I didn't puke back up.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:27 AM on May. 31, 2009

• o really steff107? My doctor told me that i couldnt take that....and it is cheaper. WTH. Damn him. lol. well sorry babylovee for trying to correct you.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:27 AM on May. 31, 2009