# 2 in solid foods

how old has my son to be to get started with solid food # 2in the jar?? and when do i start with meets from the jar??

Ellie.407

Asked by Ellie.407 at 12:19 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The general guideline for the Stage 2 foods is that the baby be able to sit on its own. My doctor says meats can be started at around 8 months.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 1:10 AM on May. 31, 2009

• We never did stage two, just cut our veggies extra tiny for them. Meats are nasty...ewe! we did tuna and vienna sausages (they don't have skin) white meat chicken, again cut very small, and spaghetti noodles with the ground beef very small.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:51 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Stage two is for babies who have mastered stage one. There is no actual age requirment. It depends on when you started, how well the child does, and fast you go through all of the stage one foods. My daughter was 4 1/2 mo when I started cereal, 5 1/2 mo when I started stage one, and 6 1/2 mo when I started stage two and the meats (she really did not ike the meats and I dont blame her..they are nasty). I started to finely chop real meat for her, I kind of made it a mush to begin with. At about 8 mo I added stage three foods (there is not as much of a variety for stage three) and did my own chopping and cutting. She was on regular food and no more baby food probably around 10 months.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:19 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Jarred baby foods taste gross and are expensive; plus, you never really know what is in them.
    Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron is a great book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families; you should be able to find it at your local library. there is a ton of great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:19 AM on May. 31, 2009