Visitation

I was wondering if anyone knew if when paternity is established if my child's father has to have visitation? I'm thinking he's going to say no if he has a choice. Does he have to pay more support if he says no?

Courtney508

Asked by Courtney508 at 12:41 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• If the paternity is confirmed, I would think that he would want to exercise his rights and privileges to the child, ESP. if he has to pay child support, but then again,this baby's father might be diff.

Child support is determined by his income. Not whether he gets visitation or even if he has any custody granted at all.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:22 AM on May. 31, 2009

• this is up to him..

if he wants to see the child.. he has to go to court.. to get visitation..

about the support. if he sees the child or not.. he's still going to pay child support.. it's about 17% of his weekly earnings.. visitation or no visitation

BUT... he can go to court and dissolve his rights as the father and not have to pay anything either.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:30 AM on May. 31, 2009

• 17%? Here is starts at 20% and goes up from there! I never realized it was different in other states!
    If he wants to see your child then he has that right by law. If he does not want to see the child and does not want to pay child support he has the option to give up his paternal rights.
    The only way you will get child support is if you go to the attorney general and request it. They don't just automatically take the money from his paycheck and send it to you the second the baby is born. You have to file a suit with the attorney general to get it.
    Anonymous

• Wow that sounds sooo wrong, why would it go up if he doesnt see him? especially if he gives up his rights, you'll get nothing from him.

Child support id determined by what he is capable of earning by what you are capable of earning. you are both responsible for the care of the child equally, they have charts to figure out who pays what.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:57 PM on May. 31, 2009