I'm kinda paranoid and need to know what other people think.

So, earlier I posted about craigslist. Well, I put a bunch of stuff on there and sold almost all of it already. There was this formal dress that I bought in December and never wore. I sold it for $200, when I paid $400. No biggie. So I'm emailing the person and this is the final email I got....

HelloI really appreciate your response to my mail,I want you toconsider it sold and please do withdraw the advert from craigslist toavoid disturbance from other buyers.I want you to know that i will bepaying via a reputable bank certified check .I will like you toprovide me with the following information tofacilitate the mailing of the check to you . 1.....Full name to be written on the check2.....Full Physical address to post the check3.....City, State and Zip Code4.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you*** Note that the payment willbe shiped to your address via UPS NEXT DAYSERVICE and I will like youto know that you will not be respo

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 12:48 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• responsible for shipping i will have mymover come over as soon as you have the check cashed** Thanks.Let meknow if i can trust you on this so we can move forward from here...Thanks

Am I just being paranoid about it? I've never done the craigslist thing before and not sure what to do now? I feel weird sending out this info to a stranger...And how do I ship it?
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:49 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think your stupid if you have to ask. Duh! RED FLAGS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 31, 2009

• NO, it definately sounds like a scam Hon. Do not give out any personal information to this person. Just keep it listed. Craigslist is full of them. For future reference, only use eBay or set up your own website using Paypal, or list here at Cafemom.

Craigslist is extremely dangerous. That is definately a scam though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 31, 2009

• This is a scam. We are military and we move an awful lot. Craigslist is how we get rid of alot of our good stuff. EVERY SINGLE TIME we post something we get one of these.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:52 AM on May. 31, 2009

• SCAM! Any time someone offers to pay by check, be careful. But when someone goes out of their way to say how reputable their bank is, they are lying. A Mover? For a dress??? Is it made a cinderblocks? I've bought & sold a lot on Craig's List & I only pay cash & I only accept cash. Do NOT provide any information to this person. Send an email immediately saying you do not agree to those terms & if they want the dress, they will meet you with CASH IN HAND. I would bet they do not reply. This is not a sale--they will try to get you to cash the check & by the time your bank figures out it is fraudulent, you will be out the dress. You do NOT need to provide personal info to sell on Craig's List. I have sold items knowing nothing more than the first name of the person I am meeting in a public parking lot. Relist the dress & specify in your ad CASH only. Good luck! And report this to Craig's List! PM me if you need help
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:54 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My brother in law got screwed so take precautions. I don't think your stupid but you need validation for what you are feeling. I would ask more questions and then if you still have the not so fun feeling, find another buyer. Good luck!
    corid

Answer by corid at 12:54 AM on May. 31, 2009

• You could do mailbox etc if you don't want to give out that information.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:55 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Definately a scam...usually you can tell if it they want personal information, are not paying cash, and have broken english or are referring to your items without mentioning what they really are.
    One tip from craigslist is to only deal locally and only take cash.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:56 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Dont forget to "report as scam" either.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:57 AM on May. 31, 2009

• SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband sold some tires on there and got the same thing. Then they told him they were cutting a check for way more than what they were and he could cash it, keep some for his troubles and send the rest back. DON'T FALL FOR IT! There is a spot on the FBI website to actually report this stuff, btw, so keep that e-mail and turn them in!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:57 AM on May. 31, 2009