My son is nine months old and wiggles a ton.......He is really trying to grab things and coo's...Is it normal for me to feel like I should be doing stuff with him 24-7 or should I just let him do his thing?

I feel like I am not doing enough for him but, you can only do so much. This is my first child so I dont know what is normal or un-normal...Are they supposed to move around that much. I sometimes feel maybe he is uncomfortable....I am not sure!

kade23

Asked by kade23 at 1:28 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lol, yes, it's completely normal. I have yet to meet a baby that sits still, hehe. Just wait til he starts walking!

You should find a happy balance between playing games with him, and allowing him to explore and do his own thing.

if you google "activities for a 9 month old", you'll find lots of great ideas.

Good luck, don't worry!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 1:44 AM on May. 31, 2009

• O.K. if he was uncomfortable he would let you know, much more clearly. If he's not fussy while he's wiggling then most likely he's just playing around, seeing what his little body can do.

As far as doing stuff with him all the time, it isn't necessary. Babies need to play by themselves sometimes, and they are actually pretty good at it most of the time. I am sure you give him plenty of attention.

Third thing, relax, unless you are horribly negectful or just not trying you will do fine. Obviously you are not negectful or you wouldn't be asking about it. So enjoy him, but don't stress out. Babies are very resilliant they can bounce back from a lot. And there is no perfect mom out there.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:48 AM on May. 31, 2009

• They do need a balanced amount of time between with you and with out you. They need to be able to learn to play by themselves and explore the world. You should have plenty of age appropriate toys available to him when hes playing alone. When you leave him be, he will let you know when it's been long enough and it's time for Mommy! :)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:05 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Well I know how you feel. My son absolutely will not stand or sit still, I don't think ther is anything wrong with being active. he just like to see things and do things and not be confinded.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 7:30 PM on May. 31, 2009