potty trainning 3 year old lil man

my son is potty trained durring the day but when I wake him up he is real cranky and wont pee at night so do I just let him stay in a pullup....whats a good way to get him to go and not wet the bed ?cus if he doesn't go his bed is soaked in the morning

soldierswife11

Asked by soldierswife11 at 1:36 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Might try holding back the liquids earlier in the evening. Might work . That or just keep up the getting him up at night at the same time till you have a routine down and his bladder is use to going at that time every night. Good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:41 AM on May. 31, 2009

• totally cut off liquids after a certain time. LIke; My son goes to bed at 10, so he doesn't get liquids past 8. And in general, just give small amounts after 5 pm. You NEVER have to give them a full cup of milk/juice unless you are outside on a hot day where they'll get dehydrated!
    Carrie131

Answer by Carrie131 at 12:45 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My son is also 3 and we are just about fully potty trained , he has about an accident every 2 weeks on average. But we do great at night, we have NO drink after dinner, his drink with dinner is it nothing at all afterward. Then we always go potty right before bed , he does great as long as we stick to that but if he does get something anytime past about 6ish then he has an accident.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 1:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009