Opinions and thoughts please. No bashing.

As some of you might remember, my mom died last month. Well, my mom and father got divorced when i was 3yrs old or so. My father molested my half sister (his step-daughter). After reading my moms diaries (that i fully believe she would want me to do, that's why she kept them for so long) i realize that my father was the love of my mothers life. She never married after him. And only had one serious relationship in the 19 years that followed. Obviously i've never really liked my father, but after truly seeing how much harm he did to our family and to my mom i find myself wishing him dead. I found a few love poems and letters and pics from their wedding day as well as other things like that. I know where he lives and where he works (he's a preacher now! yea. go figure). Should i send them to him? They are rightfully his now.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:09 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you don't send them to him, what will you do with them? It sounds like you don't really want these mementoes of him. Perhaps copy the photos with your mom and keep only that part, and send him the lot.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I would but if he is married now you dont need to. But, you do need to talk to him and see if he feels it is right to be a preacher after doing that to your sister!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:12 AM on May. 31, 2009

• He isnt a catholic priest is he? lol jk jk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I probley would if it was me cause as you thought they are rightfully his. And Plus I would want him to know just how much he ment to her ( your mother ) Plus it might give him some in sight on his past that he too needs to have peace for. Just my opinon thou.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• she left them to you didnt she?
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 2:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• No I think you should keep them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• what would be the point? I'm not bashing but he's moved on with his life and you don't want him in your life so just let it be.
    chickychatter

Answer by chickychatter at 2:19 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I would make copies for myself and send him the originals (or vice versa) and let him know (seeing as he is a preacher) that sooner or later the truth comes out. Which is....that your mom truly loved him and perhaps it will just touch his soul a little. I mean he could still be using his title to get access to kids. I can't believe you never reported this to the police.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:21 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Gigi! we most certianly did! he is a registered SO
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:24 AM on May. 31, 2009

• In my opinion if the diaries are something you want to keep keep them if you don't send them to him and if he doesn't want them he can get rid of them. This has to be a personal decision. I'm sure its hard tho. Good luck with your decision.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 2:36 AM on May. 31, 2009