• In the Spotlight:

So you think that the moms that answer your questions like they do no wrong, but they'll tell you if you are, really perfect?

Seems like the ones saying they are perfect are the most judgemental and full of crap! Anyone else wanna go for a ride on my bandwagon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No apology necessary. I was more just trying to help you put that comment that you referred to, into context that wasn't intended to hurt anyone or make anyone feel low. I have gotten the answers occasionally that are obviously the one woman in the world that has all the answers about illness or how to handle it, or what to do about sleep problems, or what to do about relationship problems. And I have gotten the answers from women that have never made mistakes with their husbands or their kids or their life in general. But then, after I calm a bit, and reread them, a lot of the ones I took to be an attack, were simply someone expressing an opinion that I couldn't see for what it was because of my perspective at the time. Hopefully that makes sense. I am not saying that the "maybe if you spent time with your kids during the day they wouldn't need your attention at night" kinda moms don't exist.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:57 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think that they are insecure with their own parenting styles, which is why they critisize others so much.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 2:28 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think all of us can be insecure of our parenting styles... some of us admit it and others feel threatened when there is no need to be. Therefore they lash out and say VERY hurtful stuff.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:31 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think they think that what ever works for them is gospel and the rest is allllll wrong!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:33 AM on May. 31, 2009

• No, just little girls who are living in a fantasy.

It's amazing what kind of balls a keyboard and a computer screen will give some people.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:52 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think that saying moms who do the right thing think they are perfect is what's really judgmental. If you need a bandwagon, who's the real insecure one? I've never seen an answer say "I'm perfect and can do no wrong." You're exaggerating well intended women into looking like snobs. Why? Cause they answered a question with *gasp* good parenting advice?! You're full of crap.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:53 AM on May. 31, 2009

• You know, jess, you didn't need to be so bitchy and rude and judgmental yourself. I'm talking about mom's that constantly put other moms down and criticize them and then give advice like they never do anything wrong.....drives me up the wall....Take a midol and chill out geeeze!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I'm talking about mom's that constantly put other moms down and criticize them and then give advice like they never do anything wrong

Giving advice isn't putting down. Giving advice isn't criticizing. Giving advice doesn't make someone think they don't do anything wrong. Giving advice is giving advice -which is usually what you get when you ask a question. Nothing about my reply was bitchy, rude, or judgmental. What's bitchy is getting upset when someone tries to help you then calling them full of themselves. Take answers as they are -help- instead of getting defensive over nothing and assuming that other moms are sad enough to want to put you down. That attitude is rude, bitchy, judgmental, and very immature.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:16 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Okay, read the post!!!!!Did I say they were giving advice!!! No, I said they were putting other mom's down...big difference, read what you wrote over again......you are a moron if you don't think your post was rude. You are all up in the Kool Aid and don't know the flavor!! Figure out whats going on before you shoot your mouth off! They don't always give "advice", they do also criticize....what are you new around here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I am about 95% certain this is about ToriandGrace's answer to the bill paying question. Am I wrong? She honestly never acted holier than thou. She said she had never been put in that situation, but if she were she would like to think she would do the responsible thing, but couldn't be sure she would. Then she went on to say that she was just a spoiled little girl that married a good man. I am pretty sure that is rather the opposite of the purpose of your little soapbox speech.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:22 AM on May. 31, 2009