HELP! IM SLEEP DEPRIVED!

MY SON GOES TO WORK WITH ME AT 11 AT NIGHT AND SLEEPS ALL NIGHT! BUT ONCE WE GET HOME IN THE MORNING AT 7 HE WANTS TO STAY UP! AND I AM EXAUSTED! WHAT DO I DO??? I DO NOT WANT TO START HIM SLEEPING DURING THE DAYTIME BECAUSE IT WILL BE HARDER ON BOTH OF US IN 4 YRS WHEN HE IS INTO THE ROUTINE AND HE HAS TO GO TO SCHOOL! BUT I ALSO AM A BIG SLEEP PERSON AND I NEED SLEEP NOW THAT IM A MOM MORE THAN EVER!!!

KaydensMother

Asked by KaydensMother at 3:02 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you find someone to stay with him for at least a few hours in the morning so you can sleep? Otherwise, maybe you can try keeping him up until like 2 or 3 and then he'll sleep a little in the morning when you get home? Where do you work that you get to take your son? (Just out of curiosity, not criticizing or anything.) I really hope somebody has a good answer for you, I can't function without a decent amount of sleep. Good luck!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• is there anybody that can take him for a couple hrs while u try and sleep? also sleep during his nap times. if you're coming home at 7 u can try sending him to a daycare for a couple hrs just for your own sanity, maybe if its only a couple times a week to save on costs

RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• WELL I WORK AT AT A MOTEL, AS A DESK CLERK AND MY MOM IS THE MANAGE! I HAVE BEEN WORKING HERE SINCE LONG BEFORE HE WAS BORN AND I HAVE A BABY BED UP HERE FOR HIM TO SLEEP IN.

I DONT HAVE THAT MANY FRIENDS, AND THE ONES I DO HAVE I WOULDNT TRUST THEM TO LEAVE HIM WITH! I AM NOT REALLY INTO DAYCARE, TOO MANY WIERD PPL OUT THERE AND U CANNOT TELL WHO IS THE ONE THAT WILL HURT UR CHILD!
    I HAVE TRIED KEEPING HIM UP A FEW HOURS BUT HE ONLY CRYS WHEN HE IS SLEEPY!
    ... I JUST DONT KNOW IF THERE IS A SOLLUTION!
    KaydensMother

Answer by KaydensMother at 3:20 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I would say a different job, but I understand that a lot of times that isn't an option, especially in this economy, plus you'd have the daycare issue then. Maybe you could have dad keep him in the evening before work so you could sleep some beforehand?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:25 AM on May. 31, 2009

• put a bed next to the crib and when u get off jsut sleep there for awhile b4 waking him and going home
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:57 AM on May. 31, 2009