i plan to travel wen my baby is 1year old what do you recommend? we plan driving like 12 hours..

well first i want to travel and my baby is going to be 11 months and we plan to drive so what do u recommend that would be good for my baby? any advice moms that travel?

Hyde3

Asked by Hyde3 at 3:04 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Travel

• Plan on stopping every 2-4 hours to let your baby get out and stretch and get a break from the car for about 15-30 minutes. Yea. it's going to prolong your trip. But your baby will sure appreciate it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:07 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I just got home from a driving trip from Washington to Oklahoma with a one yr old and a 11 week old. Take frequent breaks if they need it, take along munchies they can eat on their own( ex. graham crackers), and start early in the morning while they are still sleepy. Hope that helps. Good luck!
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 4:36 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Toys! take toys and food and drinks and make sure to stop often, if it it easier drive when they are tired. Plan to get out and move around more then you probably would do without them. A dvd player if possible, and try to have alot of patience!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 2:53 PM on May. 31, 2009

• We are taking a long road trip in just a few days and I have asked ALL these questions! :) lol Long time road tripper, first time mom road tripper! lol
    Because of suggestions I got from here, we plan to leave after dinner so she can sleep most of the time (16+ hr. drive for us). Some of the snacks that were recommended were string cheese, fruit leather (gerber makes some for babies), cheerios, fruit cups (fruit cups will have to be a treat while stopped of course). You will need a small cooler for some of these but will be a good idea any way. Keep some cold water or juice if you are going soon in the hot weather. Make sure and have some espressos or energy drinks for the drivers.
    If you have any more specific questions, please message me. This is all so fresh in my head. We are leaving in about 3 days so I've got lists coming out of places I didn't know existed. LOL :)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 9:27 PM on May. 31, 2009