I can't get my dd to go to sleep and she only takes twenty minutes naps a day!

I can't get my dd to go to sleep at a decent time she is only 13 months old i don't know what to do she refuses to sleep in her crib no bodys advise is working so i need some good advise asap pleaseeeeeeeee... im also a month pregnant with our next baby so im going to need some rest also... help, does any one have any ideas... doctor said let her cry go in every five to ten minutes rub her head say you love her and leave again well she screams ten times louder like that and the only way she can fall asleep is in the bed withmy hubby and me and we can't have that help

kymberleesmom

Asked by kymberleesmom at 3:15 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her CIO without going in. tell her it is time for her to go to bed. she needs her rest. you love her. good night. and walk out. She is old enough to understand your words. But you have to teach her that you will do as you say. If she screams for more then 45-60 minutes. go in and giver a cup of water to drink but dont say anything. ...

OR put the toddler bed right next to your bed. ...leave it there for a week or whatever. then move it to the foot of your bed. ...then move it to the door. ...then move it to the hallway. ...ect ect. It will take a good 2 months if you do it this way (cio should only take a week or less) but you wont have to deal with as much screaming.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:21 AM on May. 31, 2009

• You MUST let the crying & screaming run its course, believe soon you will without coming to post a question about it. It may hurt, put your ipod in ears and check on her like the dr. says. Your doctor gave you the most accurate advice you're ever going to get. It WORKS. Mother of 4 says trust and believe that its a tried and proved technique.
    TrinaK1506

Answer by TrinaK1506 at 3:45 AM on May. 31, 2009