She wont eat!

My 9 month old will not eat baby food anymore she throws a huge fit and starts to gag herself. I try to give her fruits and everything else I can think of but she wont eat it . the one thing she will eat is yogurt. But I can't just give her yogurt . Please help me I dont know what to do i need to be able to feed my child but if she wont eat then what? any advice would be very helpful at this point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep trying, or give her a day. Did you try giving her plain cereal? Or give her a veggie. She might be tired of the same stuff and want to try something different. Have you tried meats? I also gave my daughter little bites of banana's or strawberries or peas. Cheerios might be all right becuase they have that hole in the middle and gerbers puffs disolve so quick they can't choke. I also gave my daughter ritz crackers (like a crumb at a time tho) What if you try giving her the real food, i mean not baby food but softer food you eat. mashed potatoes, soft cooked carrots... stuff like that?
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:42 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Foods given before age 1 are for the experience of eating, not nutrition; this continues to come from breastmilk or formula. It is important to avoid the allegy trigger foods (wheat, dairy, soy, strawberries, citrus, etc.).
    Jarred babyfood tastes nasty. Keep offering a variety of healthy foods: mashed avocado mixed with breastmilk or formula, baked sweet potato, oatmeal, puffed rice or puffed corn.
    You can find great information at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on May. 31, 2009