Is Juno anti-adoption?

I was reading a question in the adoption section about boycotting some horror movie called The Orphan. In a few of the responses people said they wouldn't watch it, just as they wouldn't watch Juno.

I never thought of Juno as portraying adoption as a negative thing, and I've seen it a lot of times (it's one of my favorites). So what am I missing? I could just be ignorant, it's very possible. Fill me in please!

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 3:44 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no i dont think it is anti adoption
    i think it is a good message of hey teens adoption is better then abortion
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:58 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I only saw the movie (Juno) in passing at a friends house and from what I saw, it was a realistic view of adoption and how adopters and parents may feel. I have not seen the orphan.

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:03 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I actually was in much the same situation as Juno in the movie, and I really relate to it. The support she got from her family, the realization that it was a hard decision from her stepmother, the nerves of the adoptive couple. I think that all plays in. I think it sends the message that even though it may seem like adoption would be too hard, that it would be a gift in itself, if you found yourself in a position of considering it. Especially considering it along with abortion. I think it is a realistic portrayal. I mean, Juno is a bit eccentric, but the emotions are all there.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Okay, it's me anon again.....that is one of my most favorite movies ever. I cry every time I watch it. I had a son who was adopted 12 years ago. I thought the movie was cute, and sweet. Some people want to find a gripe in anything. I think it's far from anti adoption! However, I have to agree it was a little eccentric, but yes emotions very much there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on May. 31, 2009

• juno sucked. it makes it look like an okay thing for teens to be reckless and irresponsible sos in the end some one awsome will adopt their "mistake" . no child is a mistake and its messed up to adotion and abortion as a birth control method. take some responsibilty! how can some one engage in sex wich is duh, REPRODUCTIVE and be all OH NO! when they get pregnant.... LAME is what that is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on May. 31, 2009

• FYI This is argumenative anon from earlier.....I did not just post that last retarded anon remark....so please don't blame me. lol I mean come on! We watch horror films, but we don't kill people! We watch all kinds of crap on tv but we don't do it. Some one had a crabby patty for supper!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I thought that Juno was pro-teen pregnancy; she looked cute, never had hemmeroids, and would up with the boy at the end. The poor girl's mother had abandonded her for a new family. The dad and step-mom never seemed concerned about STDs.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It didn't seem anti adoption to me. If it was, it it would have ended with her keeping the baby or something.
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 10:54 AM on May. 31, 2009