Discipline

when I am firm and tell my 7 month old "no" he just raises his eyebrows and smiles/laughs at me .. will this pass? Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it will pass and yes it is normal. Just make sure you stand firm on your no...sometimes when they laugh its hard not to laugh at them, but then that will send mixed messeges and make them think it is a game. Theres been plenty of times I've walked out of the room looking mad just to go in the other room and bust out laughing.
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 4:32 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes it will pass, but be consistent. He'll soon learn what it really means.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:09 AM on May. 31, 2009

• 7 months old is really young to start disciplining. They have no idea what is going on!
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 8:22 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I disagree every child developmental skills is different...and she isn't saying she is spanking her 7 month old... I start telling my now 10 month old daughter no at the age of 7 months....she eventually learned around 8 sand 1/2 months what no meant and understood that she shouldn't do whatever she was doing when I said NO! not yell but just firm...my daughter has been saying words since 6 months and walking since 9 so i figured she is more likely to get into things and taking her away from whatever she is doing isn't enough..i also use positive reinforcement with my daughter...
    SCrockett

Answer by SCrockett at 10:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009