What is the oddest thing that pops into your mind when you are trying to sleep?

I know this has to happen to more people than just me. If I am having a hard time sleeping, my mind will just wander. I end up thinking about crazy things. Like I wonder why my neighbor has to pee at 3 o clock every morning. (We live in a duplex and share a wetwall so we can hear their toilet flush). And I wonder why the guy across the street blows his nose so hard I can hear it. Then I wonder why my neighbors have such odd bodily functions. Then I start thinking about bodily functions in general. Then I wonder why you always have to fart at the most inopportune times. So, appease me and tell me I am not the only one.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:31 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it starts with wondering what my hubby is doing then i hear a weird howl and think there is a moose outside my window (but with my contacts out all i can see are balls of lights... nothing else!) then i hear the dumpster clink and clang and hope I finally get to see a bear... then i get back into thinking about my hubby and our trips to the beach together or camping... then i get very... um... horny... and that leads to crazy dreams...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:34 AM on May. 31, 2009

• the more I try to get back to sleep the more a think about things that I have to do tomorrow it is overwhelm and I get tense and I end up with a headache
    Tragic!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on May. 31, 2009

• awww! is that why you are still awake? you don't want to deal with that headache?? I tried ambien for a while and it worked.... but you get addicted to it so I take it when i've only gotten 12 hours of sleep all week
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:44 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I tend to think about things that stress me out, such as school issues and what I have to do the next day.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:48 AM on May. 31, 2009

• i listen to music as i go to sleep everynight, so i am not able to think about things. it helps me sleep. and i used to have issues trying to go to sleep a long time ago b/c i would think of the weirdest things..and its not like i wanted to think of them, they just came to mind..like my children getting hurt..it drove me crazy. i always fear my kids will die or get severly hurt..so i listen to music to block it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on May. 31, 2009