What is the longest time someone can possibly stay awake?

For me when I was young a had a family gathering. I remember that my family started playing cards and it was around 5 am when the party was over. Me my moms and sibling when home and I kept awake until around 6 pm. So I'm guessing that I stayed awake for almost 32 hrs.
Sorry I'm asking all of you to do the math

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• bootcamp my bro and hubby had to stay awake for 72 hours straight. when he got back he learned how to sleep with his eyes open and keep writing.... it's confusing when he falls asleep on the couch now cuz his eyes stay open and i talk to him and he actually answers back...
    one time i was talking to my brother and he fell asleep in mid sentence for about 30 min.. then woke back up and finished his sentence! lol
    as for me, i catnap so i never stay up long enough
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:17 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I wonder that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:05 AM on May. 31, 2009

• im not sure how long anyone can stay awake for. but i know i satyed up for almost 3 days eating coffee grounds lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I've been awake for 72+ hours...I think lots of caffeine, and the know how on how to rest while being awake its possible to stay awake longer. Healthy? No lol probably not.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:58 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I am someone who LOVES my sleep so i guess i have really never tried to stay up to just stay up. I do enjoy getting up at 430-5 am so yes i just got up a little while ago. It's my peace and quite time before my family gets up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on May. 31, 2009

• i cant stay awake for 4 days before i pass out hard
    ive done it before with my son and lol my daughter has me almost doing it again !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:26 AM on May. 31, 2009