How can I dislike my daughter?

She drives me nuts

Fedup100

Asked by Fedup100 at 6:08 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• We don't always like our children, but we do love them all the time. Teens or older children do things that we know that we have taught them better to do. When they hit a certain age, they wan't to explore their independance, they want to do things that they were never allowed to do,but, after a while they go back to the person we like(most of the time anyway). We teach them, tell them NO for a reason, but, when they hit 18, they are like I am going to do what I want no matter what anyone says.Just hold onto your sanity, you will get it back.

PS. Most children drive their parents nuts. Believe it or not, I have apologized to my Mom for whatever reason because I have 2 daughters and wow, I really needed to apologize, because I don't know how she did it with 4 and kept her sanity.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:08 AM on May. 31, 2009

• What do you mean she drives you nuts? Explain more pls
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:22 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Okay she's 18+ ? Well maybe she drives you nuts because she is being a silly teen who thinks she is an adult because she is 18? I'm 21 and I think I am very mature for my age. I see all of these teens out there being so stupid....cause they can. She will learn, your allowed to dislike her but you gotta love her :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:56 AM on May. 31, 2009

• she is a teenageer.....
    i think back to how i was, and listen to some of the stories my mom tells me and frankly i am shoked she still speaks to me
    lol
    teenage girls are the worst
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• VERY EASILY!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:53 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Our kids go through stages that aren't always pleasant to be around. Sometimes, our children are people we absolutely know that we would never choose to be our friend but here is a person we love but don't like. It is such a paradox and confusing. You have to be willing to realize she isn't you. Let her be her own person, appreciate her differences, and try to find a common interest where the two of you can build a relationship. My mom never did this with me. She has always been very judgemental of all my choices. I am a school teacher, my husband a forester, I have 3 sons, I don't drink, club, or do anything that can be considered extreme. I am a Christian and have been married 30 years, yet she has never approved of my life because I drive her crazy. Don't be my mom and me. Fix it now.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:38 PM on May. 31, 2009

• OMG we are twin souls. I have a dd I can't stand. She's Crewilla Deville! I'm not sure how I gave birth to someone so mean. She drives me nuts too. I have just learned to let her live her life and I stay away from her. I have another dd who is human. That makes up for it.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Your daughter is your offspring. Regardless of who or what she has become in her life she is still yours. You dont have to like her all the time but love is always there.
    robinc53_f

Answer by robinc53_f at 2:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Boy, I thought I was the only one who felt like this. I have a daughter who I love and always will, but I have no respect for her. It's funny that I have a sister who I feel the same way about and I think they should be mother and daughter. I just keep praying for them.
    lisarob

Answer by lisarob at 8:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Remember that when you grow old and cripled that were the ones that are stuck with you and we are the ones that decide if you go in an old folks home where they more then likely wont treat you very well.Maybe your the one with the problem and not your kid!!Your the one who had sex and chose to bring a baby into this world, it was not her decision it was yours!!Oh and by the way who raised that little girl of yours?Im gonna guess you did.Like mother like daughter but in my case I told my husband to put me in a mental inst. if I ever started acting like my mother even the slightest bit. You dont sound like a good mother to me or any of you who cant stand your own child!That is a disccusting way of thinking.On the other hand us kids have every right to not like you all because we werent asked to be brought up in this world or in your arms.Every day I wish I had a different family but I have my husband and son and that all I need.
    Anonymous