Beach with a baby!?

What do you need to buy/take for an 11 month old at the beach for a week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• little swimmers diapers
    bucket and shovel
    hat
    sunscreen
    thats all i can think of off hand
    have fun
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:59 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Sweat shirt, toys,diapers,blanketsbucket,shoval,sunsceen lots of sunsceen,Sun hat a few of them they can get dirty,wet sandy. Have a wonderful time : )
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:13 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Plan on renting (if you don't own) a big umbrella so your baby can be out of the direct sun most of the time. They also have little pop-up tents with UV protection if that's more convenient -- I can't remember the name of the brand I was recently looking at but if you google "one-step pup up play tent" you'll see it. We got a little folding chair so our daughter could sit off the sand to eat snacks, etc. Remember babies (and all of us) can still get a sunburn on the beach in the shade because of the reflection off the sand, so reapply sunscreen often.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:12 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Oops I was totally wrong on telling you what to google. Here's a link to the kind of thing I'm talking about:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Play-Tents-Tent-Primay-No-20310/dp/B000PTRUEK

Good luck!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:23 AM on May. 31, 2009