I just had my baby 5 days ago and I have been breast feeding. Today I just noticed that I cannot feel my nipples or the area around them. Has this happened to anyone?

new_mommy0430

Asked by new_mommy0430 at 8:12 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• Congrats on the new LO : )
    No i have never heard of losing feeling in my nipples. Have you call up to the hospeltal?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Try doing a warm and cold compress mixture to see if that helps. Massage your breasts to wake up all the blood vessels and get the blood flowing good. Also try nipple stimulation to see if the feeling comes back. if it continues then I would call Labor and DElivery and ask them to speak with a lactation specialist or call one yourself and have them come over, they can help you out.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:15 AM on May. 31, 2009