Do your parents ever embarrass you in front of other people?

My mom is the QUEEN of embarrassment. She just looooves telling everyone how "Caitlin wasn't ready for a baby. Oh, you're 18 and think you're ready for a baby? Go talk to my daughter Caitlin, she had a baby at 20 and she can tell you how hard it is. No, Caitlin's not married, she fornicated before marriage and now lives in sin. Oh yeah, Caitlin used to run around naked outside all the time when she was four years old. Caitlin used to suck her thumb. Caitlin used to do this. Caitlin did that."

O.O I think every member of my family knows every intimate detail about my life because of my mother. Anyone else's mom not respect their daughter's privacy?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:16 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, I would probably be avoiding her. At least you know what not to do to your children.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 8:24 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I just had a talk with my MOM yesterday about respecting my privacy and to stop telling my business. She have done that since i was a little girl. with friends , boyfriends and family members she even goes and talk to my mother in law. I have to move from New York to Florida. it was very bad...good luck i know how you feel:)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 31, 2009

• From what I've read in your posts and journals I don't like what your mother is like. I'd avoid her.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:56 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I just turned 50. My mom is 79. We ran into each other at the mall. I was talking to a friend but I was rather hoarse. My mom asked me if I was going through menopause because I was hoarse. As I tried to determine how the 2 could possibly be related, another friend approached and my mom announced to her that I was going through menopause and was cranky and she might want to just keep on walking. Yes, I am often embarrassed by my parent(s). My dad can be just as bad.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:37 AM on May. 31, 2009

• my mom embarressed me really good one day..
    we were in the store and shopping around, and my mom found a big bin of granny pantie underwear.. she found the largest ugliest one, and held it up and called my name through the store and told me she was buying them for me.. the size was enough for two of me to fit it.. looking back it was funny, and the time I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.
    another time we were grocery shopping together, and we ran into this guy my mom started talking to. When he walked away I asked who he was, and my mom, loud as can be said, "oh don't you remember your old boyfriend" he was a friend on my uncles that I guess when I was 3, had a major crush on..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:37 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Your mom just has happy memories and is proud of you. I talk to everybody about my kids
    but they love it cause I tell good stuff mostly and do keep alot of private stuff private so they will trust me to talk to me when they have troubles.But if their nose itches that day.They say ma's got to be telling someone nice things about me.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:49 AM on May. 31, 2009