Order of starting baby food?

I know you start with Rice cereal...but what comes next? and what age can you start stage one foods? Also does anyone know of any good websties to make your own baby food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nutritionists now recommend skipping rice cereal and starting with a bit of avocado mashed with breastmilk (or formula). If you use rice cereal, use one made from brown rice; white rice is very constipating.
    www.superbabyfood.com is great. The book is by Ruth Yaron; look for it at your local library.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 AM on May. 31, 2009

• also i just wanted to add-i dont know if this is true or not but when my guy was a baby, i was told to start him with veggies so he will eat his veggies better. lol.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:59 AM on May. 31, 2009

• You can really introduce them in any order you wish. I recommend buying stage 2 single ingredient foods, though. It's more cost effective. Just put some in a bowl for the baby and put the rest in the fridge for the next day. Once you've run through the single ingredients then add in some combination dinners. The only difference is the size of the jar.

I did it three different ways and didn't notice a difference with the boys at all.

1...veggies first, then fruits (the less sweet veggies were the very first)
    2...alternated introducing a veggie and then a fruit (in no particular order)
    3...bought two jars of each single ingredient then put them in alphabetical order. That's the way I introduced them...alphabetically. lol

I don't really think order matters as long as you introduce one at a time. We started this as soon as we had tried each of the cereals, so just before 5 months. At 6 months we started table/finger fo
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:12 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Talk to the pedi. Most on here give different answers. It's always best to ask your pedi.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 31, 2009

• www.wholesomebabyfoods.com

you never need to give rice cereal....i started with avocado and she loves it. also banana, steamed zucchini, lentils, baked apples and pears, sweet potatoes,

this website is a lot of fun. goodluck:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:19 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I was just going to say, my DD never had jared babyfood. I mashed and squished everytthing she ate. I'm a bit older than most, so I was shocked to read now "they" say no rice cereal. I hope that isn't in the same category as kids don't need to know how to spell. I got that from two different teachers when my boys were in school. TMI, sorry.
    1Redapple

Answer by 1Redapple at 8:42 PM on May. 31, 2009