Water Smell

Good Sunday morning,

I wasted a lotttttttt of water in my carpet basement. Now, I have that horrible water smell. It wasted from the ceiling to the floor. How can I get that smell out? I was washing the concerete out side of the house & had no clue that washing that along with the siding on the house would get into my basement...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Home & Garden

• bleach
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 31, 2009

• If its on the carpet put down a ton of baking soda and let it sit for a few days then vacuum it up. Open the room up if you can and let in in fresh air, if not use fans to dry the carpet. Also get a good dehumidifier to sit down there to help pull the extra moisture out. The cheaper route is baking soda and opening the windows or doors and running fans.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:09 AM on May. 31, 2009

• What the second poster said. Actually, everything she said! Good luck with that!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:20 AM on May. 31, 2009

• cover with baking soda, then spray well with white vinegar; let it dry overnight and vacuum. you may need to do this more than once.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 AM on May. 31, 2009