Would you let your 6 1/2 year old wear dangly (sp?) earrings to school?

They are a little over an inch long. I try to let her wear whatever she wants so she can develop her own 'style', but I'm undecided on the earrings. lol

mrsDayne

Asked by mrsDayne at 8:45 AM on May. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would not just because other kids. i would be afraid of another kid grabbing them and yanking them out. also our school (way back when) wouldnt let kids that young wear dangly earrings.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:01 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It wouldn't be appropriate. Young children need boundaries and guidelines. Learning what is appropriate will help her make decisions later.

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 AM on May. 31, 2009

• No, I don't !!!! way too dangerous!!! i'm all for letting a child wear as they wish, but i only buy what i'm comfortable with them wearing...they can choose from there!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:24 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it, my daughter has worn them since she was 5. She loves hoops.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:27 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think it depends on her activity at school.Is she very active? Are the children in her class touchy feely?Is it a day for PE? Is she a careful 6 year old. I did let mine wear them at that age but it depended on what was going on in school that particulatr day.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:31 AM on May. 31, 2009

• No. Have you seen what happens when they get yanked?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 AM on May. 31, 2009

• no way
    mackiebugsmom

Answer by mackiebugsmom at 10:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes I would allow my daughter to wear them. It's part of dress up play for one and two, if u forbid your kids to do too many things u r asking for trouble. If she wants to wear them in school and it's ok w/ the schools dress code/protocol she will wear them because a friend will bring her some from home and she will put them on in school. She will do it behind your back. I think it's best to know what your child is doing while you're not looking as opposed to when u r present.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 11:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• at home, shopping, weekends, fine..but at school on the plaground, no..only cuz i would hate to see some lil boy or girl come up to her and yank them out..OOOOWWWWW!!!! the thought of that makes me cringe!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• no.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:01 PM on May. 31, 2009