Would you let your 6 1/2 year old wear dangly (sp?) earrings to school?

They are a little over an inch long. I try to let her wear whatever she wants so she can develop her own 'style', but I'm undecided on the earrings. lol

Asked by mrsDayne at 8:45 AM on May. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would not just because other kids. i would be afraid of another kid grabbing them and yanking them out. also our school (way back when) wouldnt let kids that young wear dangly earrings.

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:01 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It wouldn't be appropriate. Young children need boundaries and guidelines. Learning what is appropriate will help her make decisions later.

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 AM on May. 31, 2009

• No, I don't !!!! way too dangerous!!! i'm all for letting a child wear as they wish, but i only buy what i'm comfortable with them wearing...they can choose from there!

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:24 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it, my daughter has worn them since she was 5. She loves hoops.

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:27 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think it depends on her activity at school.Is she very active? Are the children in her class touchy feely?Is it a day for PE? Is she a careful 6 year old. I did let mine wear them at that age but it depended on what was going on in school that particulatr day.

Answer by Kat122 at 9:31 AM on May. 31, 2009

• No. Have you seen what happens when they get yanked?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 AM on May. 31, 2009

• no way

Answer by mackiebugsmom at 10:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes I would allow my daughter to wear them. It's part of dress up play for one and two, if u forbid your kids to do too many things u r asking for trouble. If she wants to wear them in school and it's ok w/ the schools dress code/protocol she will wear them because a friend will bring her some from home and she will put them on in school. She will do it behind your back. I think it's best to know what your child is doing while you're not looking as opposed to when u r present.

Answer by milmiracle at 11:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• at home, shopping, weekends, fine..but at school on the plaground, no..only cuz i would hate to see some lil boy or girl come up to her and yank them out..OOOOWWWWW!!!! the thought of that makes me cringe!!

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• no.

Answer by Lynette at 6:01 PM on May. 31, 2009