what is your earliest memory? what is the strangest thing you ever found as a child?

my earliest memory is when my brother was born. i was 2 1/2. the strangest thing i ever picked up would have to be when i was really young (dont know how old i was) i was swimming at the river and found a bat hanging from a tree. i thought it was a bird to i picked it up-my mom almost had a heart attack. lol

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 9:26 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LMAO on the bat !!!!

earliest memory....I was about 2 1/2 as well...my grandfather surprised me by coming to pick me up in a horse and buggy.....I remember that first time...and then he picked me up every sunday the same way....warmest childhood memory too!!!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:29 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My earliest memory is just a blurb. I remember standing at the back of my house playing with cousins and there was a back porch. My mom and dad said I had to be about 3 yo because they remodeled whey I was 4 and the back porch became my bedroom. I don't remember finding anything particularly strange. I remember finding the cat giving birth when I was about 8 yo. Cured me of wanting kids for a long time - I tell you what!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:29 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I was almost 2. It was when my sister was born. My mom was nursing her and I threw a fit because I wanted some too and she told me it was for babies. I've hated my sister ever since. LOL.

I picked up a roach...and ate it. It was when we lived in the Philippines so I know those things were monster size. I must have been like a year old.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:54 AM on May. 31, 2009

• You're going to think I'll full of soup but my earliest memory I was about 6 or 9 months old. I was telling my mother one day that I remember hating the baby swing and that it scared me and she said she only ever put me in it once when I was about 6 or 9 months old and never again because I freaked out! Weird right? Other than that just a bunch of random memories from my old neighborhood. We moved away from there when I was about two.

My brother, my cousin, and I found a gun when we were kids. I didn't actually pick it up, my brother did. It was broken into pieces in a stream near the highway. I remember putting it in a small box and giving it to my mother and my Aunt. I don't really remember what happened after that. I was pretty young.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:10 AM on May. 31, 2009

• the earliest memory I have is when I was about a year and a half to two years old.. I was at my grandmothers house.. playing in her cupboards.. and they had a HUGE cat.. well I tried to get on his back and ride him like a horse (grandparents had horses out back)...

the strangest thing I picked up.. (my mom has this written in my baby book too, lol).. was when I was in my bed.. I was probably about the same age as above.. and I picked up what I thought was a bunny rabbit, and I came over to my mom saying, "mommy, see bunny". lol.. turns out it was a rat.. my mom FREAKED. lo.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:35 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My earliest memory was when I was still sleeping in the crib and when I woke up the first thing I saw was my sweet Grammy's face smiling down at me. She had blonde hair and soft blue eyes. The sun was shining in the room and I remember the slats of the crib being around me while I looked up at her. It's just a photo in my memory, but I cherish it always.

The strangest thing I've found? The only thing I can think of is when I was at the beach in Eliot, ME, of the Piscataqua River between ME & NH, there were two horseshoe crabs mating! I have always freaked out whenever I saw just one by itself, but two stuck together was more than I could take. It was the last time I swam in that river at that beach.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:10 PM on May. 31, 2009