Did your mom or dad ever cut your hair?

My mom once cut my brother's hair. She cut his sideburns completely off because she couldn't level them right.

After I saw that I never let her come near me with a pair of scissors =]

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:35 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom shaved the back of my head once so that my hair would lie flat. She claims it's what I wanted, but I don't recall that. Once she got a new pair of hair cutting scissors and was cutting my brothers hair and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't close... Turns out they would close because my brother's ear was between the blades. He had to get three stitches. haha I love my Mom.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:41 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My mom trimmed my bangs once but she grabbed the pinking shears by mistake. I was a mess.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:48 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My mom cut my hair once and it was a mess! After that i would run away from her when she would grab the scissors. My favorite place to hide was under her bed lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:59 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My Mom always cut my and my siblings hair (4 girls and 2 boys). We never had fancy haircuts, she just trimmed our hair straight across, and she used clippers and kept the boys hair short. I didn't have my first haircut by a "professional" until I was like 18 and paid for it myself, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:04 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Once in high school to fix a bad haircut from a bad salon. Other than that no. I cut my own bangs though when I feel like it...and I cut my boys' hair. When my daughter is older I'll be taking her someplace to get hers done...I don't want to ruin it!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My mother was usually the one who trimmed or cut our hair. She is a creative person with a good eye for symmetry, so I never remember getting any embarrasing hairstyles. My brother's hair was sometimes uneven, but that is because Mama had the hardest time getting him to keep his head still!
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 10:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• When I was little my dad cut my bangs or took me to the barber to do it. I have a kindergarten school picture where it looks messed up.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:31 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My mom did cut my hair once when I was 10, she cut me...you can see it in my school pics from that year, and I have a scar...it is right by my eye....never again did I let her near me with scissors
    1sttimemommy198

Answer by 1sttimemommy198 at 10:41 AM on May. 31, 2009

• When I was little till I was 11 my dad would take me and my younger sisters out on the porch to his "barber chair"  (just a normal chair with towels on it to protect the seat from our hair) and trim our bangs once a month. Then when I was 11 I decided to grow them out so he didn't do it anymore......its funny though because my parents still have all of my younger siblings (all 4 of them) at home and my dad no longer cuts their hair they outsource lol

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:44 AM on May. 31, 2009

• my mom cut my brother's hair. I cut all my kids hair and some other family members.But,
    I did attend some beauty school.So I color and even perm grannie and mama's hair.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:44 AM on May. 31, 2009