My dd just turned 1 & she's VERY fussy about eating.....

Other than her bottle, I'm having trouble getting her to eat.....any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep offering a variety of healty foods that she can (squish) and feed herself: cooked beans, avocado, baked sweet potato, baby yogurt, whole grain pasta, tofu cubes, etc.
    There is a wonderful book on feeding babies and toddlers and their families called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. More information at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My little girl is 29 months and was and is the same way. She still doesn't eat much but the foods she does like I try to offer more often those foods just so I know she is eating something. More of the healthier fodds mostly but even the not so healthy ones. Her doctor says she is fine and if you think she needs a little extra you can give her pedia sure.
    tiff94222

Answer by tiff94222 at 10:30 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Barf. Have you read the ingredients on pediasure? There is no way I'd feed my kid that crap.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:20 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Don't worry a babies don't starve themselfs. They eat when their hungry. try having her drink out of a sippy cup. that might help too.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:57 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Ours LO seemed to eat anything & everything until he turned 1. Not sure why, but we have offered him plenty of varieties, although I have heard to keep it simple and not try to introduce more than one new thing at a time. Ours also had a hard time when he was teething, and has been teething non-stop since 8-9 months. There have been times that I thought he was living off milk, but really, even a few foods throughout the day is OK. I haven't seen any kids down at the bus stop sipping their sippy cups, and refusing food, LOL! Ours is 2 now, and is sometimes more willing to try a new thing, but he goes in phases. He's a very strong, growing, healthy boy, and all I can do is present him the food. Can't make him eat it or like it. I wouldn't want to be forced to eat something I didn't like. Try not to worry, like PP said, they won't starve themselves. Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:59 PM on May. 31, 2009